I Want to Learn
Click on the topic of your choice to jump to the section of this page with related resources. Resources include publications of the NH H&EP, publications of Partners, and external links to quality material.
- Closing the Gap Infographic (August 2013)
- Health and Equity in New Hampshire: 2013 Report Card (January 2013) New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies
- Plan to Address Health Disparities and Promote Health Equity in New Hampshire (March 2011)
- Introduction to the Health & Equity Partnership (March 2011)
- Framing Document for Health Equity Planning (July 2010) Endowment for Health, Foundation for Healthy Communities, NH Minority Health Coalition, NH DHHS Office of Minority Health & Refugee Affairs
External Resources on Health & Equity
- Overcoming Obstacles to Health (February 2008) - Robert Wood Johnson Foundation report to the Commission to Build a Healthier America
- Culturally Effective Healthcare Organizations (April 2015). Institute on Assets and Social Policy, Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University
- Missing Persons? Health Care Workforce Diversity in New Hampshire (March 2014) - Institute on Assessts and Social Policy (IASP) at Brandeis University - Jessica Santos
- Strategies for Diversifying Your Healthcare Workforce:A Tool for Healthcare Providers (September 2012) - Compiled by the NH DHHS Office of Minority Health & Refugee Affairs (OMHRA) & the Institute on Assets and Social Policy (IASP) at Brandeis University.
- NH Health Provider Communication Access Survey Executive Summary (September 2010) - Foundation for Healthy Communities
- 2009 NH Health Care Provider Communication Access Capacity Survey Full Report (August 2010) - Foundation for Healthy Communities
- ESL curriculum on Good Communication in Health Settings
- Perspectives and Practices of New Hampshire Health Care Employers (November 2013) -Institute on Assests and Social Policy, Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University
- Speaking Together Performance Measures - developed through a RWJF funded collaborative learning network of healthcare organizations to improve the quality and accessibility of language services.
- DiversityRx - resources on improving healthcare for a diverse world
- The Hopkins Center for Health Disparities
- Securing New Hampshire's Future: Welcoming Communities Create Economic Prosperity (November 2013) H&EP Immigrant Integration Working Group
- A Positive Platform for Change: Understanding and Addressing DMC in New Hampshire (September 2013) NH DHHS OMHRA
- Shaping Our Future: Integration from the Perspective of Bhutanese Young Adults in New Hampshire (August 2013) - Produced by Jessica Santos, Devika Bhandari, Shyam Gautam, Dixya Mishra, and Bishnu Niroula in collaboration with the Bhutanese Community of New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Health Careers - Website created as a result of the Health Professions Opportunity Project
- Social Determinants of Health (September 2012) Healthy People 2020
- PolicyLink - lifting up what works in environments where we live, learn, work and play.
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees - information on immigrant integration.
- Minority Parent and Community Engagement: Best Practices and Policy Recommendations for Closing the Gaps in Student Achievement (June 2010) Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund and the National Education Association of the United States
- The Economic Benefits of Fixing Our Broken Immigrantion System: Impacts for New Hampshire Families (produced by the White House)
- Closing the Gap Infographic (August 2013)
Communicating About Health & Equity in New Hampshire - Talking points developed by the H&EP Awareness and Promotion Committee.
- National Partnership for Action Toolkit for Community Action (2011) - US HHS OMH
- A New Way to Talk About the Social Determinants of Health (January 2010) - Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Evaluating the Economic Causes and Consequences of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities (November 2008) - American Public Health Association
- Enhancing Data Collection to Improve Health Care Access and Quality for All (October 2015) - Foundation for Healthy Communities, H&EP
- Health and Equity in New Hampshire: 2013 Report Card (January 2013) - New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies
- Occupational Health Surveillance Immigrant Survey Report (February 2013) Occupational Health Surveillance Program of the Division of Public Health Services, NH DHHS, in partnership with the NH Coalition for occupational Safety and Health and NH DHHS Office of Minority Health & Refugee Affairs
- Manchester Data Repository - Collection of multiple sources of data on Manchester, primarily between 2007 and 2013 - UNH Manchester
- Improving Health Care Quality: Racial, Ethnic and Language Data (Spring 2012) – H&EP Data Committee
- Guidance to Hospitals on Collecting Patient Race, Ethnicity, and Language Data (January 2011) - Foundation for Healthy Communities
- Assessment of Race, Ethnicity and Language Data Collection in New Hampshire Public Health Data Sets (September 2010) – NH Institute of Health Policy and Practice
External Resources on Collecting Patient Race, Ethnicity and Language Data
- Final Data Collection Standards for Race, Ethnicity, Primary Language, Sex, and Disability Status Required by Section 4302 of the Affordable Care Act - published 10/31/11: http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/templates/browse.aspx?lvl=2&lvlid=208
- Health Resource and Education Trust Toolkit with materials for training staff: www.hretdisparities.org
- Collecting and Using Race, Ethnicity and Language Data in Ambulatory Settings: www.ama-assn.org/resources/doc/public-health/cehcd-redata.pdf
- Public Health Reports - Data Systems and Social Determinants of Health: http://www.publichealthreports.org/issuecontents.cfm?Volume=126&Issue=9