Please contact Rebecca Sky to learn how you can participate in the Cultural Awareness Health Care Work Group.
Call 415-4277 or email email@example.com
Translated Health Education Materials and Forms
Online Resources with Health Related Items in Multiple Languages
- Health Information Translations – Central Ohio’s largest health care organizations continue to develop this comprehensive index of translated materials. Readability of materials is considered up front. Languages include: Chinese Simplified and Traditional, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Ukrainian, Hindi, Vietnamese, and Arabic.
- Healthtranslations.com – Created by the Missouri Hospital Association, this site has information in many of the top language groups in New Hampshire: Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, and more.
- US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants - Languages include: Arabic, Amharic, Bosnian, Burmese, Farsi (Persian), French, Haitian Creole, Hmong, Karen, Kirundi, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, and Vietnamese.
- Healthy Roads Media, LLC - A source of quality health information in many languages and multiple formats.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - A collaboration of the NN/LM Consumer Outreach Librarians, this site is comprehensive listing of links to other on-line repositories of translated health materials.
Resources on Best Practices on Creating Translated Materials
The following links are to resources that highlight best practices for creating translated health information.
- IMIA Guide on Medical Translation
- From the American Translators Association: Translation: Getting It Right
- American Translators Association online directory of professional translators
NH-Based Translation Services
American Translators Association: To get a complete listing of NH- based translators – individuals and companies
Cross Cultural Communication Systems, Inc.
PO Box 733
Nashua, NH 03060
261 Sheep Davis Road
Concord, NH 03301
WORDS Foreign Language Translations and Interpreting Services, Inc.
500 Chestnut Street
Manchester, NH 03101